Tuesday, June 24, 2008

instant gratification



from The Atlantic:

“I now have almost totally lost the ability to read and absorb a longish article on the web or in print,” he wrote earlier this year. A pathologist who has long been on the faculty of the University of Michigan Medical School, Friedman elaborated on his comment in a telephone conversation with me. His thinking, he said, has taken on a “staccato” quality, reflecting the way he quickly scans short passages of text from many sources online. “I can’t read War and Peace anymore,” he admitted. “I’ve lost the ability to do that. Even a blog post of more than three or four paragraphs is too much to absorb. I skim it.”

AND NOW, SOME QUICK LINKS:

The MBW art show got trashed by SuperTouch (and i sorta hear what they are saying), but the pictures are still sweet. ADD all day. This is great.

Speaking of trashed, watch Serious Jones rip Jin a new asshole on this classic freestyle battle. Just fast-forward through all the bullshit introduction and catch the punchlines.

1 comment:

  1. YES! This is what I like. Back with a vengeance my friend.

    ReplyDelete